Winter Challenge | In the Spring

4/7/14

^^temp tattoo of captain underpants from little man to "for to be brave." 

 
i will never understand how these things get started. like, what person in their right mind thinks, "oh i will go jump in freezing water! that will be so fun!" and i escaped it all winter! i watched people get challenged. i watch them jump in water or have a bucket dumped on their head and all i could think was, "you people are nuts."

needless to say, i got challenged a few weeks ago.

which wouldn't be so bad because its spring right?! i mean it should be warm. well because i live in virginia it had just snowed and all our lakes are big puddles of muddy ice water. stupid snow.

i don't mean to be to choppy here but i have something to say. i don't do things because of peer pressure. like never. if i don't want to do something i don't. it never bothers me when people are wanting me to do something and i turn them down. i guess i just have my dad sitting on my shoulder saying, "its okay baby, you don't have to do that stupid thing." and so i don't and i don't ever feel bad. (you can ask any friend ie the fire jumping incident.) don't get me wrong, i love to watch people do stupid things! its so fun! but i have never been one to risk safety just to be cool.

so what does that mean?! am i crazy too? i suppose so. my first thought when tucker and jesse challenged me was, "oh that would be so fun to blog!" and i guess it is, but after doing i am 100% sure i will never do that again. i couldn't hear out of my right ear for three days. and i got such bad charley horses in my legs that night. well whatever. i did it and it was actually pretty fun.

but seriously. never again.







 ^^i feel like these are a bunch of pictures of me looking super wimpy. i sat in my truck after with the heat on full blast. i felt like getting smacked with an iceberg. 

here is a little video of the whole thing. thanks noah for catching the video and thanks tara for the snaps! 




Winter Challenge from Abbey on Vimeo.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha, you are absolutely adorable. (and i have all sorts of love for your t-shirt) and i don't think i'd have the guts to do this. i think i should add to my bucket list though, sometimes you've just gotta be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so great :) This is amazingly fun. I'd never do this though. I hate being cold too much. Thank you so much for not having me do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm the same way, so i totally understand. i've never been one for peer pressure, if i don't want to do something like that, i don't. but sometimes its just good to go do something like that every once in a while! glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave!! haha well done, I am proud of you.

    p.s. It's so interesting to hear your voice after only knowing you through a written blog. Make more videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that is so funny that you say that because sometimes i feel i should warn people of my high squeaky voice!

      Delete