Easter(s)

4/2/13

Who knew so many Americans thought there was an S on the end of that word? I laughed out loud the first time someone wished me a happy Easters. I thought they were joking.

Easter (sans the S) was great! We had a pot luck at my house and I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while. We played games and ate to much food. All the things I'm good at. We colored eggs and I took some pictures of Jon's first egg dip. 22 and he had never dyed eggs before.



 Really, what is Easter without Peeps? I thought I Erin while I choked one down. Who really likes these?

Not this girl.

When we were growing up our family didn't celebrate any religious holidays so becoming an adult I have had to decide what I am going to do about that. I think that in our effort to not be religious, we missed out on the celebrating the wonderful things that actually happened. So for me, I am going to dwell on those beautiful facts. Even thought I know it wasn't the last Sunday in April that He rose again, I know that one day he did, and I can take part in giving Him glory for doing so. (Peeps or no.)

So Happy Easter. Praise the Lord for rising again and defeating death.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment