Saturday Adventures | Smith Mountain Lake

5/31/14

one of my best people's name is marly. she's been around for a while. she's seen me at my very best and she has seen me at my very worst. and she still likes me! she tells a story like non other and has never been to a potato farm even though she is from idaho.

what? i know right!?

anyway marly is so great and a few weeks ago we made a date to go to the lake. she had tons of stories for me to hear about her recent trip to the philippines. we laid on the beach and laughed and swapped stories and had a grand time catching up. it was really awesome to hear her heart for the country and share her awesome experiences while she visited. the weather was perfect and the sun was shining. it was (and will be) one of my best days this summer. i love you marls!



































side note: we ended this little adventure by stopping at (literally) every gas station in between lynchburg and the lake to try and buy a slurpee. life is hard though and we ended up not finding one until we got to target.

happy saturday, make it count.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Haha, I've been on gas station adventures looking for slurpees before xD Those are really gorgeous shots, and I love your outfit by the way!
    xx,
    Brooke Jordan
    Pineapples & Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fantastic adventure! these shots are so pretty

    ReplyDelete