Common Grounds project | Little man

3/21/14

i know this is the one you have all been waiting for. out of the mouths of babes they say. well we finally sat down and had our interview and after explaining what we were doing about three times, he with his juice and i with my coffee, we began the interview. i babysit little man during the week after morning preschool and from the very first day i met him we have been good friends. we just celebrated four years on earth and he is growing us so fast. today he showed me that he can make his bed entirely by himself, (all though it looks terrible) he does a great job putting every pillow in the right place and he literally stands straight to pull the covers up and flops down to get them to the top of the bed. its something to watch for sure. he is about as tall as my hip (we measure every day.) and his hobbies include lining things up, tickle fights, and drinking copious amounts of water. he is adventurous and today when i let him play around with my old camera, i found out his is actually a great little photographer! he impresses me every day. here is a quick view into the mind of a little boy.

(read everything he says with a thick southern accent and a hint of a lisp. because thats how he sounds. . )


Me: What is your favorite color?



LM: Pink and blue and purple?



Me: Out of those which one is your most favorite?



LM: Uh… pink and purple.



Me: What is your favorite thing to do?



LM: Uhh. Run around and play chalk and blue ball. Play with abbey and watch Looney Tunes with her. I just know her my best friend because I’m her best friend better.



Me: Thanks that was really nice!



LM: You’re welcome. What’re you doing?



Me: I’m typing what we say.



LM: Oh okay.



Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?



LM: Um um uh um a scissor, a mommy.



Me: I think because you’re a boy you have to be a daddy.



LM: I don’t want to, I want to be a brother or a sister or a mommy or a daddy.



Me: That’s what I said, you have to be a daddy.



LM: Well I want to be a daddy and drive a crane.



Me: What is your favorite thing to eat?



LM: Uummm lucky clover day pancakes.



Me: Oh that’s good! thats what we ate today!



LM: Yea I just figured it out as my favorite.



Me: What is your favorite toy to play with?



LM: Um this. My crane that I’m playing with…



Me: Do you like it when it snows?



LM: No. I don’t. What are you doing? I don’t like snow.



Me: I’m still writing your answers.



LM: I don’t like snow.



Me: Don’t you like to play in snow?



LM: No.



Me: What’s your favorite sport?



LM: Soccer ball I guess.



Me: I didn’t know that.



LM: You mean soccer ball was my favorite? I knowww.



Me: Do you have anything else you want to tell me?



LM: Yes…ma’am. I got a computer. (Singing) my computer hey my computer…



Me: Anything else other than that?



LM: Do you have any bingo?



Me: What’s that?



LM: You know what that is bingo blocks? You bring that to my house before?



Me: You mean janga blocks?!



LM: Yea, they’re my favorite stuff in the whole wide cup.



Me: The whole wide cup huh?



LM: Yep.








^^ its like he is just waiting to be a 50 year old tourist with a gut. all time best picture!
 little man i hope you grow up to be an incredible man just like you are an incredible little boy right now. thanks for laughing with me and putting up with me even when i'm grumpy and not the best person. you are a gem forever.


2 comments:

  1. "Yeah, I just figured it out as my favorite." ohmygosh, he's the absolute cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most cutest, precious thing ever! oh my goodness

    What a handsome young chap.

    ReplyDelete